-Editorial
A fundraising campaign is seeking at least $30,000 by Sept. 1 to help maintain the home, medical care, and daily support needed by Seth, who suffered a traumatic brain injury three years ago at age 17.
Seth, now 20, continues to require around-the-clock care. His family said in an August GoFundMe update that he has shown increased alertness and engagement in recent months, describing the changes as some of the most significant progress since his injury.
Among the developments reported by his family is Seth’s ability to purposefully type his own name, which they described as a major communication breakthrough. He also recently made a purposeful sound in response to a request, something his family said they had not heard since the accident.

Seth has also become more active in recreational activities at home. His family said he can play UNO with them for about an hour at a time and has spent part of the summer playing Jenga in the backyard. During the game, he steadies his hand and pulls the blocks himself. He has also resumed playing Xbox.
The family said Seth underwent shunt surgery in May and that they have observed increased awareness and participation since the procedure.
His care continues to be provided at home, where his family has organized daily routines around his medical and rehabilitation needs. The family said the home environment is central to his care because it provides space for caregivers, medical equipment, therapies, and other services.
The fundraising campaign is intended to help address several ongoing expenses. According to the family, the immediate priorities include housing costs, therapies that are no longer covered by insurance, caregiver expenses, equipment, and medical supplies.
The family said Seth’s physical, occupational, and speech therapies are now being paid for out of pocket after insurance stopped covering them.
The campaign’s original fundraising goal is $100,000. The family is asking supporters to help raise a minimum of $30,000 by Sept. 1, saying that reaching the immediate target would bring the campaign closer to its overall goal. Additional contributions would help offset the continuing costs associated with Seth’s care.
The August update marks another appeal to the community that supported Seth following his injury. His family said community members previously contributed through donations, prayers and efforts to raise awareness during the early stages of his recovery.
Seth’s family said they have continued to adjust their lives around his care since the accident and intend to maintain that support as his recovery progresses.
Before his injury, Seth ran cross-country at Beckman High School. His family has used his background as a runner to frame the current fundraising effort as the “final stretch” toward its goal.
The campaign is being promoted under the hashtag #BringSethBack.
Donations can be made through the GoFundMe campaign at gofundme.com/f/letsbringsethback. The family also provides updates through the Instagram account @BringSethBack.






